Last Updated: 11/9/2017
1. Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect Personal Information, including Sensitive Data, and other information. “Personal Information” means individually identifiable information that would allow us to determine the actual identity of, and contact, a specific living person. Sensitive Data includes information, comments or content (e.g. photographs, video, profile, lifestyle) that you optionally provide that may reveal your ethnic origin, nationality, religion and/or sexual orientation. By providing Sensitive Data to us, you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of Sensitive Data as permitted by applicable privacy laws. We may also collect your geolocation information with your consent. We may collect this information through a website, mobile application, or other online services. By using the Services, you are authorizing us to gather, parse and retain data related to the provision of the Services. When you provide personal information through our Services, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and countries around the world, where legal privacy protections may not be as protective as the laws of your home country.
- Information you provide. In order to register as a user with our Services, you will be asked to sign in using a social media account, such as your Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube or other social media (“Social Media”) login. If you do so, you authorize us to access the information we specifically request consent to obtain, as well as certain Social Media account information associated with the Social Media login. For example, if you sign in with Facebook, you authorize us to access your public Facebook profile (consistent with your privacy settings in Facebook), your posts, photos, videos, comments, followers, email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends and followers who might be common Facebook friends with other users of our Services. You may also be asked to allow us to collect your location information from your device when you download or use the Services. In addition, we may collect and store any personal information you provide while using our Services or in some other manner. This may include identifying information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number, user generated content such as photos and videos, and, if you transact business with us, financial information. You may also provide us information about your fans/followers and brand interests. If you chat with other users of our Services, you provide us the content of your chats, and if you contact us with a customer service or other inquiry, you provide us with the content of that communication.
- Information from other sources. We may obtain both personal and non-personal information about you from other business partners and other third parties.
- Use of technologies to collect information. We use various technologies to collect information from your device and about your activities on our Services.
- Information collected automatically. We automatically collect information from your browser or device when you visit our Services. This information could include your IP address, device ID and type, your browser type and language, the operating system used by your device, access times, your mobile device’s geographic location while our application is actively running, the referring website address number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Services.
- Cookies and use of cookie and similar data. When you visit our Services, we may assign your device one or more cookies or other technologies that facilitate personalization to facilitate access to our Services and to personalize your experience. Through the use of a cookie, we also may automatically collect information about your activity on our Service, such as the pages you visit, the time and date of your visits and the links you click. If we advertise, we (or third parties) may use certain data collected on our Services to show you advertisements on other sites or applications.
- Pixel tags. We embed pixel tags (also called web beacons or clear GIFs) on web pages, ads, and emails. These tiny, invisible graphics are used to access cookies and track user activities (such as how many times a page is viewed). We use pixel tags to measure the popularity of our features and services. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the number of ads displayed and their performance (such as how many people clicked on an ad).
- Mobile device IDs. If you’re using our app, we may use mobile device IDs (the unique identifier assigned to a device by the manufacturer), or Advertising IDs, instead of cookies, to recognize you. We do this to store your preferences and track your use of our app. Unlike cookies, device IDs cannot be deleted, but Advertising IDs can be reset in “Settings” on your iPhone. Ad companies also use device IDs or Advertising IDs to track your use of the app, track the number of ads displayed, measure ad performance and display ads that are more relevant to you. Analytics companies use device IDs to track information about app usage.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with user content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when and by whom a piece of user content was collected and how that content is formatted. Users can add or may have Metadata added to their user content including a hashtag (e.g., to mark keywords when you post a photo), geotag (e.g., to mark your location to a photo), comments or other data. This makes your user content more searchable by others and more interactive. If you geotag your photo or tag your photo using other’s APIs then, your latitude and longitude will be stored with the photo and searchable (e.g., through a location or map feature) if your photo is made public by you in accordance with your privacy settings.
- Information collected by third-parties for advertising purposes. We may allow service providers, advertising companies and ad networks, and other third parties to display advertisements on our Services and elsewhere. These companies may use tracking technologies, such as cookies or web beacons, to collect information about users who view or interact with their advertisements. Some of these third-party advertising companies may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a single location to opt out of ad targeting from member companies (http://www.networkadvertising.org). Opting out will not decrease the number of advertisements you see. To opt-out of cookies that may be set by third party data or advertising partners, please go to http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
2. How we use the information we collect
In General. We may use information that we collect about you to:
- deliver and improve our products and services, and manage our business;
- manage your account and provide you with customer support;
- perform research and analysis about your use of, or interest in, our or others’ products, services, or content;
- communicate with you by email, postal mail, telephone and/or mobile devices about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us or other third parties;
- develop, display, and track content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Service and other sites, including providing our advertisements to you when you visit other sites;
- website or mobile application analytics;
- verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes;
- perform functions or services as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
3. With whom we share your information
Information Shared with Other Users. When you register as a user of our Services, your profile will be viewable by other users of the Services. Other users (and in the case of any sharing features available on the Services, the individuals or apps with whom another user may choose to share you with) will be able to view information you have provided to us directly or through Social Media. For example, your Social Media posts, photos, comments, videos and other content, any additional posts, photos, comments, videos or other content you upload, your name, your age, your personal description, your Social Media links and handles, and information you have in common with the person viewing your profile, such as common Facebook friends and likes.
- Service providers. We may share information, including personal and financial information, with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include fulfilling orders, connecting brands with users, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, supporting our Services functionality, and supporting contests, sweepstakes, surveys and other features offered through our Services. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not authorized to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Affiliated entities. We may share information we collect, including your profile and personal information such as your name and contact information, photos, interests, activities and transactions on our Services with corporate affiliates such as parent entities, subsidiaries, sister organizations (collectively, “Corporate Affiliates”), subject to your consent where required under applicable law.
- Other Situations. We may disclose your information, including personal information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from a law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or bankruptcy.
Aggregated and/or non-personal information. We may use and share non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with other Corporate Affiliates and third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our Services and on websites or applications of third parties, and to analyze and report on advertising you see and purchasing behavior. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information, or personal information in hashed, non-human readable form, with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis, advertising, marketing, or other business purposes.
4. Do Not Track disclosure
Do Not Track (“DNT”) is a privacy preference that users can set in their web browsers. DNT is a way for users to inform websites and services that they do not want certain information about their webpage visits collected over time and across websites or online services. We are committed to providing you with meaningful choices about the information we collect and that is why we provide the opt-out links above. However, we do not recognize or respond to any DNT signals, as the Internet industry works toward defining exactly what DNT means, what it means to comply with DNT, and a common approach to responding to DNT.
5. Third-party websites
6. Data retention
7. Your choices about collection and use of your information
- You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but that may result in you being unable to use certain features of our Services because such information may be required in order for you to register as a user; post content and interact with the Services; purchase products or services; participate in a contest, promotion, survey, or sweepstakes; ask a question; or initiate other transactions.
- Our Service may also deliver notifications to your phone, mobile or other electronic device. You can disable these notifications on the app or by changing the settings on your mobile device or browser.
- You can also control information collected by cookies. You can delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. Click “help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.
8. How we protect your personal information
We take security measures to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure, and we choose business partners who we believe have reasonable protections to safeguard your personal information. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, posts, or other communications or content will always remain secure. Users should also take care with how they handle and disclose their personal information and should avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website athttp://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtmfor information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
You agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues, such as security breaches. We may post a notice on our Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
9. Information you provide about yourself while using our Service
10. Children’s privacy
Although our Services are targeted to a general audience, we restrict the use of our service to individuals age 13 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use personal information from children under the age of 13.
11. Onward transfer and consent to international processing
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your personal data, including sensitive data, by us from your region to countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. By providing your personal information, you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
12. No Rights of Third Parties
14. How to contact us
17288 Red Hill Ave
Irvine, CA 92614